How we Help
Our goal is to assess and advise on your use of technology to give you a clear vision of attaining the reliability and security of your IT environment. This will allow you to affirm with your customers and clients that all your IT systems and sensitive data are secure.
There is an upward trend in the number of cyber-attacks on organizations so we would like to allow you to take comfort in the knowledge that critical shortfalls in the use of technology within your business have been identified so that the appropriate corrective measures can be taken. Our experienced advisors will provide you with all the information you need to attain an acceptable level of security.
We are not affiliated with any IT service providers or hardware suppliers so this allows us to offer independent and unbiased advice to ensure that any potential investment in technology is only in the best interests of your business.
The key areas to be assessed:
- IT Infrastructure
- Security and IT Compliance
- Email and Website
- Cloud Computing
- Social Media Presence
Most businesses are emerging from the economic downturn and finding that their IT infrastructure has been somewhat neglected over the years and are now in a better position to replace outdated IT equipment. It is imperative to have the right technical advice before committing to any investment in technology to help maximize your growth potential.
The following areas will be reviewed:
- Workstation and laptops
- Anti-Virus and malware protection
- Router failover capability on internet connections
- Business continuity planning
- Backup policies – use of online services and image backups for virtual machines
- Wireless access security practices
- System access for external parties –minimize
- Active directory group policies
- Firewall content management
- External website
It is important to have your security and IT compliance levels assessed to help your business to tighten up on any dangerous exposures that places any sensitive data at risk of being accessed via malicious software.
- Removable storage device restrictions on workstations
- File share access control
- Data protection (data protection commissioner registration and payment card interface policies)
- Physical access control to server rooms (private/shared)
- Encryption (hard drives/websites/email)
- Intrusion prevention on firewalls
- HR policies (IT processes for starting and leaving staff including email and network access acceptable usage)
- Remote access controls, two factor authentication method
Health monitoring of servers and networks
You can now avail of cloud services such as Office365 or Hosted Exchange to achieve significant cost savings and a reduced management overhead on your email service.
This means that you no longer have to host your email on a costly Exchange server and makes your email accessible securely from virtually any internet accessible computer, tablet or smart phone.
- Migrating mailboxes to the cloud
- Anti-Virus protection
- Spam filtering
Use of disclaimers
Moving to Software as a Service (SaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) public and private solutions will offer many advantages for your business. These include reducing your company’s carbon footprint as well as the more obvious benefits which include making your business applications available from any computer connected to the internet.
- Moving applications to the cloud
- Business continuity planning advantages
- Accounting cloud services such as Xerox and receipt bank
Mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets have grown significantly in popularity and have now become the most dominant method for consumers to access the internet. Employees who have access to business tools such as email and remote access are proving to have higher levels of productivity.
However, this leaves companies with the difficulty of managing such devices. We will help you understand the security exposures and smart ways to manage personal devices.
This includes advice on:
- Device types
- Security policies (screen locking and remote device wiping)
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies
Your company’s presence on social media sites will determine whether you can be found online or not. LinkedIn, Twitter and/or Facebook accounts are quite easy to setup but if you choose to ignore them then potential customers will not be aware of your existence. Your company’s reputation is also a critically important issue.
We can advise on:
- Considerations for your presence on the appropriate social media site(s)
- Content updates and posting
We will be happy to explain how this service will benefit your business and how it could save you in the long term.
- Is your Ph.D. Good or Bad? October 17, 2020
- The future is a virtual Kenya but serious imponderables exist October 17, 2020
- Enhancing organizations’ productivity through workforce training today. Is anyone listening? July 22, 2020
- Post-COVID-19 remote working revolution July 22, 2020
- Effective Project Management Assignments March 26, 2020